Dear respected parents of IAD children,
As we go through the blessed ten days of Thul-Hijja and the days of Eid Aladha, I wish you and your children happy Eid and may Allah,(SWT), accept all your good deeds.
I wish to bring to your attention a few reminders and announcements for the remaining days of September:
• Classes will be open on regular bases on Monday 9/21 and Tuesday 9/22. We will break for the Eid and school will be closed for students and teachers on Wednesday 9/23, Thursday 9/24 and Friday 9/25.
• We will continue with school wide Hajj activities on Monday and Tuesday with minimum interference to classroom learning in all subjects. Kids are expected to bring in their Hajj projects on Monday. A list of suggested projects for each grade has been given out to all students.
• Hajj Simulation for Children is planned for Tuesday. You may wish to encourage your children to come in with a white Thawb for the occasion if they are available. Volunteering parents are welcome to help set up on Monday and Tuesday for the Hajj Activities.
• PTA membership is free. Please pick up a membership application upon dropping off or picking up your children from school. Nomination of candidates and elections will be scheduled and announced immediately after the Eid recess
• Upon returning from the Eid Break, will hold our open house for grades KG-5 on Wednesday, September 30 and for grades 6-8 on October 1. Our teachers wish to meet with you all on those days and hope to answer your questions and concerns about various walks of life in IAD.
• Volunteers are needed. If you as a parent have time and a skill to donate to IAD I welcome you to contact me or the administration office with your number and schedule of availability. Volunteers may be needed to assist in the office, in the classroom, or in our breakfast and lunch program.
• Please contact me personally or children’s teachers with any inquiries or concerns.Your support and involvement will benefit all children
May Allah(SWT) reward you for your help and support.
Dear Pre-School Parents,
My name Sr. Francesca Pugh-Opher. I am thrilled to be your child’s pre-school teacher! This will be my first year teaching at Islamic Academy of Delaware; however, it will be my 15th year teaching.
I have a master’s degree in Elementary Education and I am currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program specializing in education, primarily in learning, instruction, and innovation. In fact, my research will focus on the use of technology in the foreign language classroom. I am aspiring to create a software application that will assist young students in learning foreign languages that do not share the same alphabetic script as English (i.e. Arabic and/or Chinese).
I am very passionate about teaching all subjects, though literacy and reading are my favorites. In pre-school your child will have the opportunity to learn and explore new concepts as well as socialize with friends. In addition, I would like you to become a partner with me in your child’s education. We need to have a great teacher/parent relationship to ensure that your child will blossom in pre-school.
You are invited to attend a Pre-K 4 orientation on Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 9am in the Pre-K 4 classroom. Please bring your son or daughter so he/she can meet the teachers and see the classroom. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at (856) 426-6483. Thank you very much.
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
Welcome to the PK-3 at Islamic Academy of Delaware !
This year promises to be an exciting one!
For the next several weeks, we will be working on building a classroom community. I believe that creating a good relationship between parents, children and the teacher will make our year a successful one. This is established by building a good foundation of friendship.
There are three ways we may communicate with each other;
1.Weekly folder sent every Friday
2.You may also reach me through email Or
3.You may request a conference or discuss matters during the scheduled conferences after each semester.
I appreciate your support and look forward to meeting you all on Thursday September the 3rd from 9:00-10:00 am for the first parent orientation.
Sister Eman Awad
Welcome to Kindergarten!
My name is Sr.Khalilah A.Shahin I have taught in this community going on 14 years this coming November. I have also taught in other private and public schools as well. They include Bancroft Elementary Schools F A S T program, the Childrens Corner YMCA, and the Goddard Schools in Wilmington, Delaware.
This is a year designed to promote and enhance your child's growth and development. This very important year 2015-16 promises, InshaAllah, to be filled with discovery and joy as your child works and plays in an environment that is warm, safe, and challenging.
This structure of daily activities is carefully planned to encourage INDEPENDENCE and self confidence and group cooperation through large group, small group, and one-on-one reinforcement in Reading Readiness, Mathematics, Writing, Science, and Social Studies. We will also have Art Thursdays and Culinary Fridays, all focusing on fine gross motor skills social/emotional skills and language development.
You will notice the focus of curricululum centered around theme units and related selections of seasons and literature.
This is the core of our integrated learning and these units of study will be used to extend across and connect all of our content areas. In doing so, your child will see the continuity of his or her learning and the application of skills will become more concrete. Learning will be real and learning will make sense!
We, myself and my assistant Sr. Nancy, are looking forward to working together with you for a most successful year.
Please feel free to call the school should you have any questions regarding your child's Kindergarten experience!
Sr.Khalilah A. Shahin